Friday, September 4, 2009

Bumps in the Road


Because no transition is completely smooth with little people we have had our ups and downs this week. The ups are that Luke loves his teacher and is excited about the things he is learning. I love the peace of my days with just two boys. We all look forward to our walks to and from school. Our days are just generally settling into a very pleasing and peaceful fall rhythm. I almost have all the clean clothes put away-- I tell you this is no small feat. The weather seemed to know that school was starting and has cooperated with temperatures in the seventies and cool, fall breezes. The leaves are even starting to change. We also had a delightful visit with old friends from Madison.

The downs are, unfortunately, a little more pronounced. Noah spiked a very high fever on Tuesday and is now covered in some sort of mystery rash. Luke doesn't love lunch and recess-- his teacher doesn't go out with them and he is terrified of ending up in the wrong place when recess is over. He had himself sick with worry this morning.

So we'll pray and talk and trust-- that's the way to deal, right? Noah seems to be feeling fine now and thankfully the rash doesn't itch. I'll just keep him housebound until the rash clears. Nat is meeting Luke for lunch today. We just deal with the bumps in the road and pray that we can do it gracefully.

And because I can't resist I will subject you to more pictures of Noah sleeping in my bed after his night terror on Wednesday night. Sleeping children always look like angels to me and Noah has quite the angelic look, doesn't he?




3 comments:

Ammieloris said...

OH, I'm glad Noah is feeling better. He is beautiful, but still, sick is no fun.

meg said...

Sending love. Love Noah's little hand in the sleeping picture.

Ashley and Caleb said...

I wish I looked that good when I was sick. Also, his skin is so soft and dewy looking.