Eating crab on the river at this place and with these people is how I would like to bid farewell to every summer for the rest of my life. It was a perfect day, sunny and breezy-- with the hint of fall in the breeze. The boys couldn't have been happier about having hammers and being allowed to use them on their food. The conversation was comforting and familiar, which I suspect has something to do with the fact that Alexandra and I forged our friendship as South American missionaries with much in common. The children were amusing and, oh so cute. To top it all off Noah started a small flood in the crab tanks (thanks, Brigham for the quick repair). Oh, I almost forgot the overboard Lego man rescued from the river by Nat as well. These little boys are right to assign super hero status to their fathers. Perfect day, right?
3 comments:
That's awesome that your boys like seafood. I guess actually living by the ocean may have something to do with the taste of the food.
Remember the time Spence and I wouldn't even sit at the table with Mom and Melinda when they ate lobster in Boston? I think I am over that phase now.
Great pictures. Makes me want crab.
Oh my gosh, Carrie, these are some of the best photos I have seen of my kids! You really are amazing with that camera. Thank you for taking them. What a fun day it was. It really was perfect. I am so behind on my blog, I need to get this up on there!
Post a Comment