Thursday, December 24, 2009

Festival of Lights

These pictures are mostly to provoke mad bouts of mission nostalgia in my sister, Emily. Back in the golden days of the DC North mission there was a live nativity during the festival of lights (as well as sort of odd dioramas of church history scenes in the visitor's center). My sister Emily was Mary during one of her Christmases here in the mission. I am sure that when the novelty of being Mary wore off the job must have been cold and a little boring. Someone must have figured that out and felt that the missionaries might be better used elsewhere. They have now replaced the live nativity with this lovely set.







3 comments:

Ashley and Caleb said...

Carrie, these are beautiful. I would be really mission-sick (?) if I were Emily.

Ashley and Caleb said...

p.s. What was up with those weird Church history scenes?

Bethany said...

I love how the lights make the snow glow different colors.