We spent last weekend in San Diego. We were there to share General Conference and participate in baby Samuel's blessing. My mom and I just sat next to each other and cried through nearly the entire first session. I am always overcome at the beginning of conference. I love the fact that the whole church is listening together. I love that my home becomes a church for the weekend. I love the messages, the music and the spirit that accompanies conference. It is such a welcome respite from the demands of life, an entire weekend dedicated to spiritual enrichment.This conference was particularly meaningful to me as we pass through this challenging and uncertain time. I was filled with the assurance that the Lord knows and loves me and my family and that He has a plan for us. Sharing conference with my parents filled me with such an appreciation for them as well. I was able to see, in their characters, what a lifetime of service to the Lord will do. I love my parents and cherish their examples. As I thought about the big picture I was able to put this trial in perspective. I have so much to be grateful for.
The past couple of conferences have also been rewarding as I watch Luke's interest and understanding grow. He loves the talks and stories. He is beginning to recognize the members of the quorum of the 12 apostles and the first presidency. My dad printed him out a conference packet which he diligently filled in, drawing a picture of each speaker and writing down a word or two from their talks.
1 comment:
Words such as "wimin" and "hope". I love that boy. I still think we should those to the speakers and say "This is what a sweet six year-old took away from your talk." It really is that simple isn't it though?
Post a Comment