Monday, August 1, 2011

Family Home Evening: Count Your Blessings

I have been wanting to better document our family home evening adventures lately. (There have been some gems-- like the lesson on appropriate bathroom use. With three little boys and all their friends using the toilets around here it's important to make sure everyone knows to aim carefully and to wipe up if there is a miss. I keep Clorox wipes in every bathroom for a reason and the boys all know how to use 'em. Emily laughed and laughed about that one.)

This last Monday we got out a big butcher paper and markers and counted our blessings. Luke wrote words and illustrated all the things that Nat and I wrote down. Noah repeatedly wrote his name and all the letters in his name. When he tired of that he joined Isaac in scribbles of different colors and varieties. After the evening was over we hung the banner and enjoyed it all week long. I found it especially helpful to look over while I cooked and cleaned to think about all the blessings we enjoy as a family. We've all had the hymn Count Your Blessings stuck in our heads since then-- it's a good one to have on repeat.

1 comment:

Jen said...

this is an awesome idea. i'll be stealing it. thanks.