Nightly soaks in the bath to relieve my achy pregnant body. This pregnancy, as I mentioned in an earlier post, left me in awe of the whole process. There is something majestic about the pregnant body and I appreciated it more this time around. I loved watching the water around my belly move as he jumped around and I connected with this life inside me.
Reading the basket of big brother books to the boys. Noah and Isaac loved reading our collection of new baby and big brother books. Once Hyrum arrived they quoted parts of the books to me when talking about their new baby. Precious.

The countdown chain-- this was a big hit and a topic of much conversation. I just pulled the remaining links down off the bulletin board today and smiled realizing that meant that he had come early.

The amazing September weather we enjoyed. It was sunny and warm the whole month. The sunshine kept my spirits up as the days wound down.
Nesting, nesting, nesting. I have never nested like I did this time around. Baseboards were washed, rooms were painted, kitchen hardware was installed, meals were cooked, rooms were rearranged and toilets were constantly scrubbed. It's been nice to sit around and nurse this little one with so much of the housework taken care of.
Baby boy clothes. I'll not pretend that I wasn't disappointed to find out that Hyrum was another boy. The disappointment wore off throughout the pregnancy and was completely gone after pulling the newborn baby clothes out of storage. I felt the greatest sense of nostalgia as I pulled out all the things that had clothed the other boys. I was excited for a new little life to put in them and remember the early days with my big three. I pulled out each of the boys take home outfits and we played a little matching game for family home evening with them. They loved it and Nat and I enjoyed remembering them as newborns.
I do love the time leading up to a birth and all the memories that come flooding back from the other boys' beginnings. It's an amazing process and I am grateful to be a part of it.
1 comment:
Congratulations!!! I think that boys are wonderful, though I may be a little biased. They may eat you out of house and home as teenagers, but at least you won't deal with the girlie "drama" at that point. He's so handsome (as all your boys are). Take care of yourself, and good luck with FOUR!!
Post a Comment