Sunday, June 3, 2012

So in love


Sometimes I have to pinch myself when I think about these boys.  They are so good, so healthy, so full of life and personality that it seems to good to be true.  I adore them.  My love and devotion to them is ferocious.  Nat and I often find ourselves looking though pictures and reveling in our children.  They are just so. darn. cute.  I usually feel this way when they are asleep and I have a free moment to reflect which gives way to perspective.  Our days are just so full trying to meet all the needs and get everything done that it is hard to see the bigger picture.  But that bigger picture is this-- I am raising some wonderful young men who love me fiercely.  Their father is deeply devoted to me and our family.  I am surrounded by a loving support system.  I am so, so blessed.  Now I just have to find ways to infuse my day with this perspective as I discipline, cook, and clean.  Any ideas?  


1 comment:

Emily said...

Great post, Carrie. If you figure anything out on maintaining that perspective through the daily drudgery, please share!