This blog has been sorely neglected and I'm here to resolve that because one of these days I'm going to make the rest of my blog books. We'll get there, I have hope. It won't be anytime soon though because I have a very busy little toddler and his brothers who love to leave bathroom and pantry doors open so he can unroll toilet paper, throw things in the toilet and unload all the contents of the pantry onto the floor. I digress.
Isaac Lee turned four years old the day before Thanksgiving. We did a little dinner, cupcakes and presents. The cupcakes were lame, according to my standards and perfect according to Isaac. That's where we're at with so many fall birthdays. There were cousins to play with and grandparents to dote on him. Our family tradition is for the giver to hold the present over the receiver's head, chant the little saying, "Heavy, heavy hangover thy poor head, what do you wish this person with a bump (giver bumps the receiver with the gift at this point) on your head" and then the birthday boy wishes something wonderful for whoever is giving the gift. Isaac was slow and thoughtful about his wishes. That's just the kind of guy he is. Love this little man.









No comments:
Post a Comment