Monday, February 16, 2015

Hyrum, right now

These amazing boys of mine just keep growing and changing and I thought I'd make an effort to capture their stages. 
Hyrum is a gem of a little guy.  He turned three in October and keeps us in stitches.  He is a tender little thing who informs you that his feelings have been hurt when he's offended.  He's been my little side kick since Isaac entered kindergarten and we had a great time coaching cross country this fall and he helped me get ready for Asher's arrival.  I loved toting him around and listening to his chatter while we shopped for diapers, pacifiers and baby wash.  He loved hearing the stories from his arrival and infancy.  I loved remembering the mellow, perfect baby he was and marveled at how quickly he'd become a talkative little three year old. 

To be honest, he had a hard time adjusting to his new role as a big brother.  He adored the baby from the start but was pretty angry with me that I wasn't devoting all my time and energy to him the way he was used to.  During my second stay in the hospital he stopped using the potty.  It's taken some effort but we seem to have gotten back on track with potty training. 

He entered Sunbeams at the beginning of the year and loves it.  He's attentive and loves having his own class.  I love hearing what he's picked up on at church that day.  

I feel like within the last couple of weeks he's really started to settle into his new role as big brother.  He frequently asks me how much I love him and then answers his own question, "oh yeah- you love me the whole world."

He's so right- I do love him the whole world.  

No comments: