Monday, December 8, 2008

on my own

Nat just went to work and left me all alone with three children ages 4 and under. Luke and Noah seem entertained with each other, I believe there is a game of ring-around-the-rosie underway. Isaac is grunting on my lap and I am wondering what is to become of us. Luke seemed to sense that things were different because he clung to Nat as he left, telling him to "take the day off". Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Good luck! I remember my first day alone with two, and we were allin tears by 8:30 (Ryan left at 8:00). I wish you still lived here so I could come over and help!

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

GOOD LUCK!!! It's all going to be fine! I once had a very long and hilarious convo with a friend of mine who posed the question, "How come when men are left alone with the kids the only singular goal is to not let anyone die; but when women are home all day with the kids the goal is not just to keep everyone alive, but to keep them fed, happy, educated, bathed, and of course keep the house clean and get dinner made at the same time?" I say baby steps. Today, we hope for survival. Tomorrow, maybe you get a shower. Baby steps.

Bethany said...

You're a strong woman, and you have what seem to be great kids. You'll do great!