At six weeks Isaac remains the most popular member of the family. He is cooing, smiling, holding his head up, is still able to unintentionally flip from his tummy to his back and, lest I give an inaccurate picture of his existence, he is still a champion (read: constant) nurser. He is starting to enter one of my favorite infant stages, examining his hands as they move past his eyes, wondering what they are and who is in control of them. He is also, thankfully, sleeping long and somewhat predictable stretches during the day and night and has fit into the family routine well.The boys cheer him on in whatever he is up to, "good yawning Isaac" (hiccuping, sucking, sleeping, opening his eyes-- all of these accomplishments are commended by Luke and then Noah repeats the commendations). Luke also has been trying to get him to laugh lately by telling him, "Come on Isaac, you know what your name means-- laugh now!" When do babies start laughing anyway? I should know this by the third time around shouldn't I?
He is a funny hybrid of Luke and Noah in both looks and temperament. He is social and large eyed like Noah. He seems to possess Luke's intensity-- heaven help us-- and his hands, feet and body type are reminiscent of Luke's (which I think he got from my dad).
I adore this child and love the peace, joy and consciousness that he has brought us. I find myself enjoying the other boys even more in the context of our new (and improved) family.
Here's to six more wonderful weeks of milestones, pictures, brothers, and family.






4 comments:
Those pictures are scrumptious- especially the one of Isaac's pursed lips.
Carrie, I love that the boys are encouraging him in everything. Also, I love the feet picture.
That feet picture is too cute for words. Congrats again on the new and improved family. So happy things are going so smoothly with numero tres.
Carrie, your boys are so precious. I love that your photography skills portray how wonderful your boys and your life are.
Post a Comment