Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cracking me up

Finally, a man who can multitask! Luke has always liked to talk on the phone but lately he has enjoyed talking while he does other things (like painting). He always wants to call his cousin Ivy. He displays all sorts of preadolescent phone behaviors. We all remember this trick right?
Luke: I have to go now, bye.
Ivy: Okay, I'll talk to you later.
(Insert pause here)
Luke: Are you still there? I thought you were going to hang up.
Ivy: I thought you were going to hang up.
Luke: I'll hang up if you hang up.
Ivy: Okay
(Another pause)
Luke: Are you still there?
Ivy: Yes, are you still there?
(This continues until Mom interferes and hangs the phone up)

He also goes into detailed descriptions about what he is doing, "Now I'm sitting at the table, just breathing." Or, "I am painting a picture of you, Ivy."


Here she is, cousin Ivy:

(On a side note: I am really not enjoying all the plain white walls in my house. Something must be done, and soon.)

1 comment:

Ammieloris said...

How hilarious! I love that he even likes talking on the phone, and that he narrates his breathing! LOL! That painting of Ivy is gorgeous. You are a good momma, helping your kids to paint. :)