I find the transition from nursing to eating solid foods to be bittersweet. There is some part of me that draws great satisfaction from looking at my fat baby and knowing that I deserve credit for every ounce of those chubby thighs, cheeks and, my favorite, puffy little wrists. So, I hesitate. But, it's also a fun new trick and part of me longs to include the baby in the feeding rituals of our day. Also, that eager mouth that chews when he sees the rest of the family eating begs to be fed. And so it begins...
Isaac ate cereal for the first time on Saturday night. He tried to eat the spoon, our hands, the bib and finally the high chair tray. Both of his brothers wanted to take turns feeding him, and cheered him on with every bite. Honestly, what this baby lacks in attention from his mom he gets from his brothers in excess.
He seemed to like eating even more than his brothers did when they first started. I hope that the image of concentration mixed with excitement stays etched in my mind. Oh, this baby.
4 comments:
Oh my. He is a doll!
Way to go! That is always such a milestone. I love how his bros cheered him on. What great friends they'll be!
I know that feeling. It's just so EASY to nurse and it feels like letting go a little bit, but we all have to do it eventually, I guess.
This is precious. It's so sweet that your other boys wanted to help! I'm really looking forward to supplementing and pumping less (if that happens), but I think I, too, enjoy that sense of pride that my babe gets all his chubblies from me.
Post a Comment