
Father's Day came at a perfect time this year. Nat spent the last week out of town, using the GISAXS (grazing incidence small-angle X-ray scattering) instrument at Argonne National Lab. I was just informed that while Argonne doesn't have the only GISAXS around it is the best one-- whatever. We missed him greatly around here. It was nice to wake up on Father's Day with a renewed appreciation for the father of my boys.
This is the accordion album that we made for him for father's day. I made the album and then Luke did the illustrations and most of the text. I love, love, love the family picture at the end. Would that my hair was really that awesome.




I wrote special parenting memories on the other side of the pages. It was a wonderful exercise to pause and think about the wonderful father that Nat is to these boys. He is deeply dedicated, very attentive, and nurturing to them. There is no better father and role model.I remember the first time that I left Luke and snuck off to take the sacrament in the Spanish branch. I didn't know at the time that babies really didn't need to eat every 45 minutes and so I was slightly nervous about being away from the ravenous boy. I hurried home after taking the sacrament and arrived to find a contented baby asleep in the sling on the chest of an equally contented father who was diligently reading Dr. Sears' Baby Book. I have never again worried about leaving him with a baby. This man is a very capable dad.
Here's to you, Nathaniel!
4 comments:
What a sweet story! I want to see tha tphoto of your hair, because I think you have great hair as it is!
Such a sweet book! Thanks for sharing pictures of it. The crafter in me wants to know how you bound it together - it looks great.
I wish I could read the words on the pages.
How many ways can we say that Nat is Perfect with a capital "P"? Happy Father's day Nat!
Post a Comment