As an aside, I need to understand the male relationship with sticks. Do all little boys (and men) love sticks? Is it inborn? I tried (without success) for a while to enforce a "no playing with sticks" rule but that was a losing battle. The little boy draw to sticks is another boy mystery to me.
All too soon my little man will be running and playing along side the big boys. For now he remains my baby and my little sidekick. I am thoroughly enjoying all the little parts of his babyhood from the squishy thighs to the toothless grins and giggles because way to soon he will start to take on more toddler characteristics and I will be left empty armed while he runs around.
At eight months he:
- crawls quickly
- pulls himself up and cruises on furniture
- has stood unassisted one time
- eats anything in his path
- giggles at pictures of other babies in books
- belly laughs at his brothers' jokes
- is a terrific sleeper
- is less in love with nursing than he previously was (too much to do!)
- delights in ripping up books and magazines if he can get his hands on them
- routinely pulls all the books off the lower shelves
- loves avocado, carrots, peas and finger foods
- hates really sweet fruits and being fed
- has more hair than either of his brothers did at his age and it has stayed dark
- has eyes that seem to be turning brown
- is terribly social but loves his momma best
- has added quite an array of consonant sounds to his babbles
- still flaps his arms and kicks his legs quickly when he gets excited
- has done a good job of convincing me that three boys all close together is pretty wonderful, after all-- who needs a girl?
4 comments:
Ben LOVES the wooden stick in our sliding glass door too. I'm afraid one of these days he's going to give it a really good whack and shatter the glass... one of the many reasons Scott is bringing home a new baby gate to shut off our kitchen tonight. :)
Loved the recap of your cute 8-month old. We should get together soon so our little almost-not-babies-anymore can hang out!
My dad has nostalgically recounted the tale of one of the greatest Christmas presents he and his siblings ever received. A bundle of sticks. "We called them 'sticks,'" he said (and we laughed). But there it is. Boys love sticks. And there's an idea for you for Christmas!
Also, not to threadjack, but I'm jealous of that deck garden you've got going on. We didn't attempt a garden this year and sometimes (but only sometimes) I regret it.
I am sure you know I love babies. Everytime you describe you little one it brings back many fond memories. Edible. Without a doubt a wonderful description of cute unconditionally loving chubby babies. Have a great day. Enjoy every minute as you are wise and know they grow all too fast.
Well, you know when you start feeling those empty arms, it's time for another one. :)
Post a Comment