
I was downstairs nursing the baby in peace while Nat finished bathing the kids upstairs. I heard the toilet flushing repeatedly. I went upstairs and this is the scene I found and these are (a few of) the questions I heard:
- But where does the toilet paper end up?
- Where is that water going?
- How does the water get back into here?
This questioning and exploration lasted a good twenty minutes. The boys were riveted.

4 comments:
This makes me think of a chapter in The Great Brain series when the Fitzgerald family installs the first "water closet" in their town. All the townspeople are fascinated, if not incredulous. The Great Brain charges each boy a penny to watch it flush. The wonders of modern-day sewage!
Haha! This is awesome. I still don't fully understand the complexities of toilet water tanks.
It is very good that they're learning the mechanics of the toilet, because then when they're 11 years old and babysitting for a family who is house sitting and the toilet keeps running, they'll know how to turn off the flow so that it doesn't overflow and run into the basement, flooding every last square inch. This never happened to me, of course...
I bet it was fun for Nat too. It's so fun to see their little brains ticking.
Post a Comment