But now I am back to the day to day of my life for a little while. I find myself living in between visits, trips, and days off. But, if I let myself I can see the happiness in the day to day. I can find joy in the everyday moments, right?
Here are a few moments that I noticed today:
- Kindergarteners start and end each day with a series of greetings. Luke is welcomed at school with LOTS of "Hi Luke!" He ends each school day with another round of farewells and "see you tomorrow". They have to get each other's attention as well. So there is a lot of friendly shouting when you drop a kindergarten student off and then again when you pick him up.
- Isaac is DRIVEN to master the current set of skills he is working on. We always stop at the same pitiful little park on the way home from school. Today he repeatedly climbed all the stairs to the slide and went down (once on his own because I couldn't get to him). His sense of accomplishment is downright contagious. I get to celebrate these moments with him all day every day.
- All three boys are currently playing together in the basement. They are all wearing winter hats because, "that's what spies wear". Obviously.
- The leaves changed and fell this weekend with all the rain. Luke and Noah notice every change in our daily walks.
- Noah got a play kitchen for his birthday (Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!) and today I was served all sorts of creative concoctions.
2 comments:
Care, I just checked out the Ikea play kitchen and it is adorable. And masculine. Which I love in a play kitchen. Or a real kitchen, for that matter....:0
Good chatting with you today.
xoxo
Was "bad guy soup" on the menu?
Post a Comment