Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Fall in Boston

Columbus Day weekend in Boston could be another annual tradition, in my book. Trees were ablaze with color, the cool weather was invigorating and the company was wonderful. I now find myself in a post vacation depression and wishing that I was back in the yard of Brian and Melinda's house, collecting acorns and colorful leaves.

Here are some of the highlights:
park play

seeing Mrs Mallard and her ducklings at the public garden



Luke stepped in one of the fountains, you can see the puddle forming under the bench as his shoes and pants drip.

These two and their endless imaginations. I love watching them interact at a park, they stick together and come up with the best scenarios. Noah has invented a place called "Sindia" and it is always the destination when he travels.

This one and his endless smile

A compromise about who gets to ride in the swing

edible?

scheming, to be sure

my dear, dear cousin Lauren and her endless attention to the boys

This bed is the MOST comfortable bed I have ever slept in. The sheets were wonderful as well. I should have smuggled the bed home with me. I am sure they wouldn't have noticed the king size bed strapped to the roof of my van, right?

hot, right?

Noah loved this door and we loved watching him exit the room. He always had to open both doors all the way before he would leave the house.

This is the most incredible house and yard, classic New England charm at every turn.

Isaac got (and loved) lots of attention all weekend. Melinda followed him around telling him, "do whatever you want baby".

This is his new walk, arms raised above the head with plenty of grunting.



Acorns galore!

Blurry photo but a sweet, sweet picture of Aunt Melinda reading to my baby the way that I remember her reading to me as a child



Lauren and I were best friends when we were growing up. We would cling to each other and sob and sob every time my family had to get back in the van to leave Utah. We clung to each other again. I still love her dearly.

4 comments:

Ammieloris said...

Make way for adorable boys! (Yes, very very edible.)

stacyross said...

Oh my goodness, I love the picture of your three little ducklings all lined up! Glad you guys had a good trip!

Rachel and Nathan Fisher said...

Carrie - I'm so glad that you had a great trip to Boston and SO sad that you didn't call! We would love to see you - it's been way too long! But, I know it is hard to squeeze everything in and it looks like you had a great time with family. Let us know next time you are up here - and one of these days we'll make a trip down there. We have so many friends in the DC area now, we really just need to jump in the car and come!
Love you -
Rachel

Ashley and Caleb said...

Oh Carrie! This is the most regret-producing post ever. I wish I could have been there with you. Love you guys so much. I think I need more people in my life to follow Addie around and say "Do whatever you want, baby." Would that ever get old? I say to you NO!