The story of Halloween this year is as follows: We have been looking at costumes at all the stores for months now (since they put them out in July!). Luke saw a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume he wanted (yuck!) and Noah was convinced that the infant hot dog costume was his Halloween destiny (he was undeterred by the fact that the costume didn't have leg holes). I wasn't sold on either idea. We kept looking and talking. My (brilliant) idea was to have all the boys dress as farm animals and Nat and I would dress up as the farmers. We already own a cute chicken costume (see 2005 below) and a darling baby horse (2006) and so we would just have to find something for Luke. He conceded that it would be alright to be a pig, so long as said pig was allowed to get really dirty, not painted dirty but really dirty. This, of course, led to the conclusion that we would have to have a dirty chicken as well. So I went on the look out for a cute pig costume in Luke's size. There were none to be found. All the costumes for boys his age are super heroes. Then Luke came to be in a serious moment of honesty and told me that he, "actually really hates the idea of being a farm animal". Back to the drawing board (and Target). We found that the Ninja Turtle costume had "sold out" and I crammed Noah into the hot dog costume with the idea that I could cut leg holes but his arms didn't even fit into it. After serious perusal of the Star Wars costumes we came home to see what we could do with what we already had. It was determined that our Jedi cloaks would do, I had fabric to cut sheaths and belts and then we would just have to get Isaac the toddler Yoda costume which would be an asset to our dress up throughout the year as well. Throw in the light sabers that see daily use around here and you have the perfect Halloween trio.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Halloween 2009 (drum roll please...)
The story of Halloween this year is as follows: We have been looking at costumes at all the stores for months now (since they put them out in July!). Luke saw a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume he wanted (yuck!) and Noah was convinced that the infant hot dog costume was his Halloween destiny (he was undeterred by the fact that the costume didn't have leg holes). I wasn't sold on either idea. We kept looking and talking. My (brilliant) idea was to have all the boys dress as farm animals and Nat and I would dress up as the farmers. We already own a cute chicken costume (see 2005 below) and a darling baby horse (2006) and so we would just have to find something for Luke. He conceded that it would be alright to be a pig, so long as said pig was allowed to get really dirty, not painted dirty but really dirty. This, of course, led to the conclusion that we would have to have a dirty chicken as well. So I went on the look out for a cute pig costume in Luke's size. There were none to be found. All the costumes for boys his age are super heroes. Then Luke came to be in a serious moment of honesty and told me that he, "actually really hates the idea of being a farm animal". Back to the drawing board (and Target). We found that the Ninja Turtle costume had "sold out" and I crammed Noah into the hot dog costume with the idea that I could cut leg holes but his arms didn't even fit into it. After serious perusal of the Star Wars costumes we came home to see what we could do with what we already had. It was determined that our Jedi cloaks would do, I had fabric to cut sheaths and belts and then we would just have to get Isaac the toddler Yoda costume which would be an asset to our dress up throughout the year as well. Throw in the light sabers that see daily use around here and you have the perfect Halloween trio.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












6 comments:
Man, those pictures couldn't be any more perfect. Looks like a terrific time. I just got done cutting the grass, there is no color here, and I am extremely jealous.
What great pictures!! I especially like the one of the 3 of them walking with Yoda trailing behind - Isaac is the perfect Yoda :-) Happy Halloween, everyone!
I love, love, love it! Why do halloween costumes always have to become a month (or more)long debate? I guess it is that important. I am glad it all worked out.
So so adorable. I invision many hours of wonderful play with those get ups.
What an adorable Yoda.. and he's WALKING so well! These boys are so, so cute. And I love playing dress up with the costumes later. I am not sure that will work well for us this year, although I tried... :) Your boys are beautiful.
I think these are some of my favorite pictures ever. I just love how happy Isaac is to be in on the whole thing. I kept giggling and making Caleb look at this one or that one. I love those little Jedi. (Jedis? Jeda?)
Post a Comment