Here are a couple of especially sweet moments:
He was listening to one of the talks in the morning session and heard the phrase, "living a testimony". He turned and asked what that meant. We then talked for a long time about the importance of living the way that you believe is right.
He listened intently to President Eyring's talk on Saturday afternoon. About halfway through the talk he climbed up on my lap and told me that he needed to say a prayer and ask Heavenly Father to forgive him for all his sins. He then proceeded to offer a very heartfelt and sincere prayer.
When he was going to bed last night he was doing some serious dawdling. He was leafing through his little copy of the Book of Mormon and telling us that he couldn't go to bed because he needed to spend some more time reading the scriptures. Finally Nat took him up to bed and told him that it was time to put the book down and go to sleep. Luke then told Nat, "I want to bear my testimony. I know that they church is true. I just don't know if everything we are doing is right. For an example (this is his favorite little catch phrase), how do I know that it is wrong to say mean things to your mom?" This started a discussion of how you feel when you make different choices and listening to the Holy Ghost. Oh, so sweet.
I was lamenting the fact that I had to wait another six months before conference came again and Luke piped up and consoled me with, "Don't worry mom, the next one will be here before you know it." Let's hope.
We also had the usual conference feasting happening around here. I wish I had some of this banana bread left but the boys made short work of it.
Luke spotted a bird's nest in the tree and spent a good amount of time watching for the mama bird to return. Check out Noah's underpants! He potty trained all weekend and is doing great!
3 comments:
Congrats on the potty training and the amazingly spiritual boy you have.
I love my grandsons.
I love those half-naked children. Luke is hi.lar.i.ous. And sweet.
Yay for Noah! More underwear for Addie to tote around on her arm!
Post a Comment