
I love these pictures and those two little boys. They fell asleep on each other last Friday during our walk. This relationship has been interesting to watch unfold. Noah loved Isaac as a newborn and loved watching him develop new skills right up until those skills got Isaac into Noah's space. There was a rocky stretch where Noah took Isaac way too seriously. When Isaac reached out to bat at Noah he was accused of hitting and when he crawled near Noah's toys-- just forget it. This was (thankfully) short lived and with Luke at school Isaac is now being groomed as a playmate. I hear Noah giving instructions like, "you are the
ewok and I am going to be Han Solo," or "follow me over here, Isaac." There is still some frustration when Isaac's lack of Star Wars knowledge interferes with his ability to play or when Isaac has his own idea about how the blocks should be set up. For the most part, though, they are figuring each other out and well on their way to being partners the way that Luke and Noah have been since Noah was about nine months old. It's a
privilege to watch this friendship emerge. When Luke gets home, however, he is still the boss.
Oh, brothers.
7 comments:
Such angels. It is so peaceful, and fulfilling somehow, to watch one's kids sleep. I don't know, something about it makes me reminisce over their short lives and feel nostalgic (even for Eva, as young as she is). And it is so interesting to read about how your #2 and #3 are negotiating their ever-evolving relationship. I'll be interested in how that develops around here, too!
Those are some of the sweetest pictures I have ever seen. Siblings are the best, aren't they?
SO sweet. I love those little guys.
I love it!!
So precious! I'm going to be in DC next week! So close!
I love it. What a great post, and adorable photos.
That has got to be one of the most precious pictures ever.
Post a Comment