Saturday, December 26, 2009
Post Christmas Musings
We had a lovely Christmas. There was a perfect Christmas Eve with breakfast for dinner (brinner), a sweet nativity, and then stories by the light of the Christmas tree. Christmas morning was wonderful as well, with presents to open, German oven pancakes to eat, and toys to play with. I baked pies and rolls all day on Christmas and then we had spectacular dinner with dear friends. The kids jumped from toys to books and back again all day long. It was perfect, really.
Christmas for me gets better and better the more kids I have and the older they get. This particular Christmas season I entertained all sorts of questions about Santa, helped the kids come up with gifts for their daddy, and listened as my kids learned all the Christmas songs well enough to sing along. It is a delight to hear Luke tell Noah about Christ's birth and the real reason that we celebrate, using the same language that we used as we taught him in previous Christmas seasons. It was particularly gratifying to watch Luke nearly jump out of his skin with anticipation for Nat to open and read the book he made. Noah was sweet throughout the season, singing about "Frosting the Snowman". He seemed so much more aware and receptive this year. Isaac was oblivious and happy to be a part of whatever was going on. It's beautiful to be a mom all year and particularly sweet this time of year.
My Christmas pictures, however, do not reflect the lovely time we had. I am blaming the fact that it was overcast all day and we never got really good light for picture taking. I will have to do some serious editing before I am happy enough to share our pictures. There are lots of blurry pictures to be deleted. That's on the list of things to do.
I will soon document the puppet theater, the handmade puppets and the drawings that Luke is creating with the help of his Christmas book. For now though I have laundry to fold, Primary calls to make, and dishes to be done. These things don't wait, not even for Christmas.
We hope that your Christmases was just as lovely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sounds so so sweet Carrie. Want to spend Christmas with me next year? I want our kids to be in the Nativity scene together...
Blog blog blog.
Post a Comment