Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday Evening Rambling

Nat took the computer completely apart in the hopes of being able to remedy our ailing laptop. He managed to get it all taken apart and put back together again but was unsuccessful at reinstalling the operating system. I guess that we just have to look at it as a good mental exercise for Nat. And, now he no longer has to wonder what the inside of the computer looks like. I, however, am still in the dark because I slept while these dramatic computer events unfolded.

This leaves us back where we started, without iTunes or iPhoto. It's a real shame because there are some great pictures of recent happenings.

It's also a shame because you (all two of you) are forced to endure my ramblings without the photographic respites.

I was looking at the Fredin family blog and noticed a picture of Miss Ivy. She clearly has one of Whitney's eyes and one of Justin's. This has always been one of my favorite things about her. But, while looking at the picture, I realized that Isaac's slanty down eyes look just like Justin's. Mystery solved-- those eyes must be somewhere in the Fredin line.

I've had some questions about the move mentioned in the post about Luke. The truth of the matter is that we are still very much in the dark as to where we will be living come this fall. Nat is interviewing, putting out applications and we are all praying quite hard. My primary responsibility is to pray for patience, as most of this process (not to mention my future) is out of my hands. It's a hard spot for me to be in. But, if I have to trust my fate to any mortal being I am glad that it's Nat.

Isaac amazes me every day with his physical abilities. He is, by far, the most climbingest baby this family has ever seen. Noah liked to climb but it wasn't at this level. It is exhausting (AND dangerous, oh my goodness), to be sure. I have to admit though that there is a part of me that is delighted by it as well. He is fifteen months going on five, just determined to keep up with his brothers. He is also constantly delighted to test his physical abilities. It makes me think about this mortal life and the role of the physical body in progression. Isaac's delight with his ever increasing skills reminds that, yes, having a body is an amazing gift.

We finished reading The Long Winter and moved onto Farmer Boy, which we will most likely finish tonight. These are, by far, the most bonding fiction books that Luke and I have read together. I guess that's why we have read them multiple times. I keep meaning to order The Great Brain books.

Here's hoping that the last week of February can be enjoyed and not just endured!

1 comment:

Nat said...

To access the pictures to post them to the blog, you can just copy the image files from the camera to the computer. Then once iPhoto is working again you can import the pictures from wherever you put them on the computer. I love you :)