It had been seven years since my last trip across I-80, the longest stretch in my life without a road trip across the country. My mom, Nat and I last drove it from Utah to Wisconsin to begin graduate school.
We just completed another journey and added another leg of the journey on driving from Maryland to Chicago. We added Maryland, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Indiana on our list of states.
Here are some images of a wonderful trip across the country at the beginning of another adventure.
Outside the car:


I wish that I had taken more outside pictures, maybe one from every state.Inside the car:





The kids were incredible road trippers. I was thrilled to be giving them the same experience and understanding for the landscape of our country.We barely needed to stop because we have learned that all great road trips begin at Trader Joe's and a few other little tricks. The drive went by quickly and without incident. Nat and I had some great conversations and I was reminded again how much I love being with him. Really, it was a great time. I have to admit, though, I am glad not to be turning around and doing it again in a week.
2 comments:
So glad to see you guys made it safe and sound with out any problems. The boys enjoyed the car trip photos! So glad I found your blog before you left.
I love you too Carrie.
Post a Comment