Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Settling In

We are figuring out life here in Utah. I am personally feeling a lot more settled in after making it to Costco today. There are few things in this life that I find more settling than large quantities of staples resting in my fridge and cupboards. Luke is all set for first(!) grade with new shoes, all his supplies, an outfit laundered and laid out as well as a lunch packed and waiting.

Noah is, as I anticipated, having the hardest time with the transition. He melted down today telling Caleb and me that he wanted to move to Utah and not Adelaide's house and that he wanted all his toys out of the boxes. He wanted it to just be "our family". He seems to have made peace with it though, when Adelaide was making the round with bedtime hugs he paused, looked at her and said, "you're part of mine family now."

Family is the best.

5 comments:

Story Family said...

I'm so glad you've arrived safe and sound! Costco was my first stop upon arrival home as well.

Best of luck with school!

meg said...

Changed the name to Snapshots. Temporary? I have some ideas. "Where in the World are the Fredins?"
"Hotties in Houston"?

Liz said...

Am I missing something? Life with four boys? Is Nat the fourth or is there someone I haven't heard about yet?

Nat said...

It's me, Liz. I changed that subtitle to say four (to include myself, but mostly to see if Carrie would catch it), and have wondered if it would be misunderstood to suggest an addition to the family. Maybe we should change it to something indeterminate, like "a quiver full of boys".

Liz said...

Just checking..... although we would be very happy if it did mean what it sounded like it meant!