Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Conference Center

Nat and I took the boys plus Adelaide (Ashley was packing) and met Emily and her kids to tour the conference center for Family Home Evening tonight. I wanted the kids to be able to picture the setting as they watch this weekend (we will be watching from the mission home in San Diego with my parents). It made my heart soar to think of these cousins and the memories they are making together. They stood around the Book of Mormon pictures for a good long while, noticing the details and discussing their favorite scripture stories. It touched me to watch their testimonies grow together. It's the dream Emily and I used to conjure up while we laid in bed next to each other as little girls. We planned out our lives and dreamed of our kids growing up together and supporting each other in the church.



I love these pictures of me and Emily with our kids. I feel like we are mother hens with all our little chicks gathered round.








3 comments:

Ashley and Caleb said...

Thank you for letting me pack. I am glad that she had the opportunity to see the temple (or as you would put it- leave the house haha). Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

hwangberg said...

I love the picture you took of your niece with the temple in the background. Have a great time in San Diego. We miss you guys!!!!

Emily said...

Love all these! There is nothing like cousins, nothing. I'm happy all your kids can be together right now. And hey, mama, sexy haircut! It's super short again! LOVE. xoxo!

PS So sorry to use the word "sexy" when you wrote such a beautiful post about the conference center and building testimonies and whatnot.