Thursday, September 16, 2010

Surviving, just barely

I have so much to document and so much I need to get down, recorded in this space. I will (hopefully) catch up here once I can get the clothes folded. Most days, it's about all I can do to get everyone dressed, fed, and to their respective schools with homework completed.

I will also attribute it to the fact that Nat has my computer in Maryland and while the PCs found around here will get the job done, they just aren't as much fun.

Here is a link to dear Jen's account of our trip up Provo Canyon last weekend. I do love those Bronsons. My boys are still talking about the s'mores, the wildlife and Jen, Jonny and Marian.

We've also had our little share of drama around here. Isaac fell last night and took a good chunk out of the bridge of his nose. After consultation with our dear ophthalmologist friend I drove him down to the ER in Provo, the best in the area. The wound was cleaned and a steri-strip applied. He slept well and then promptly removed the strip this morning (I took him down to get looked at and it seems that it should heal fine on its own at this point). In the meantime I contracted food poisoning and added that to the cold I have been fighting all week. Then I mothered three children all day, though not without help from Ashley and Caleb.

There is a real sweetness to being this close to my family during this vulnerable time in our family's life. I told Ashley today that I don't think I can bear moving away from my sisters. Mothering our sweet little ones together is the way I want to do this.

That said, I miss Nat terribly. The ache is tangible. We aren't meant to be apart. I have a week and a day left until he joins us here.

Good things are around the corner, I can just feel it.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Sorry to hear about Isaac's nose! And your food poisoning.

I agree with you that mothering feels so right around other family, especially sisters. Two sisters I know recently bought houses right next door to one another. I am so envious of their arrangement.

I'm glad to hear that Nat will be back with you guys soon. I don't know how you've been doing it...though it probably comes back, in part, to sisters. :)

stacyross said...

Ditto what my sister said. ;) I'm sorry things have been so rough lately! I'm excited for your happy reunion with Nat - I think you're right about those good things around the corner. Hang in there!

meg said...

Hahaha. You got the clothes folded and then Isaac smeared Vaseline all over them. Hope it came out.