Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Four!


Noah shows off his birthday breakfast, pumpkin muffins complete with chocolate chips and hot chocolate.

This boy turned four today! Oh, I love this boy and his deep blue eyes. I love his buttery cheeks, his mile long lashes and his delicate little features. I love his wispy thin blond hair and his long fingers. I love his smile and those hidden dimples that only come out when he smiles just so. I love his generosity, his awareness of others and his desire to please. I just love, love, love this boy. He melts me.

Last night I was upstairs sewing Harry Potter costumes for all the cousins when my mind wandered back to the night before he was born. I had to stop what I was doing to go down, crawl into bed with him and tell him the whole story. I remember nearly every detail from the night I went into labor and the early morning when he made his very speedy entry. I remember the creak of the wood floors as I paced the hall with contractions. I remember Luke waking up and insisting that I rock him, which I did while having contractions. I recall walking into the hospital through a misty middle of the night haze. I remember the low lights in the hospital room, the peaceful intimacy of just me and Nat waiting for our baby to arrive. I remember my dear Dr. Deb coming in to deliver him. I can still recall the rush of his little body leaving mine. I will never forget the moment I locked eyes with Noah. He was peaceful and content in my arms and we connected. He was here and he was mine. He latched on to nurse and the rest is history-- our history, the story of how Noah changed our family for the better.

What an absolute marvel he is!

2006- one scratched up little newborn with a crooked nose

2007- the sweetest little one year old, as enamored with his big brother as he could have possibly been

2008- a delight of a two year old-- chatty and adorable, about to be a big brother

2009- three years old and the whole world in his hands

2010- four years old and loving preschool, his family and LEGOS!

3 comments:

Mollie said...

We sure miss having Noah J around. Can't wait to see you guys at Thanksgiving if you're still there!

barb said...

What a wonder of a boy Noah is! We are so glad he's a part of our family. We love you, Noah!!

wsb said...

I love this. And you. Can we play soon?