We just returned from a weekend in Boise. I forgot to bring my camera. It was a good thing that Whitney did the documenting. Go here to see some cute cousin pictures.
It was a delightful weekend, full of good food, good fun and happy conversations. Whitney never stopped cooking and cleaning the entire time we were there-- she's got some serious energy. We headed home loaded up with chicken salad sandwiches on homemade rolls in addition to the homemade chocolate chip cookies. Luke determined on our last Boise trip that aunt Whitney makes the best chocolate chip cookies and these were no exception.
Noah cried as we left, took a nap and then woke up crying again. He just didn't want to leave Ivy and Hank. I was reminded of the many times I cried my way across the country, missing my cousin Lauren.
It's a happy thought to think of living within easy driving distance to (almost) all my kids' cousins. Here's to many more cousin retreats!
(Hopefully little Alexa will be able to join us for the next one!)
No comments:
Post a Comment