Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Puppy

Scout and Jem sleep in the sunshine in our new kitchen

For those of you not on facebook, I thought that I would introduce you to the newest member of our little household. We have been promising the boys a dog as soon as we moved into a house. You can see that we wasted no time in fulfilling our end of the bargain-- we picked him up right before we closed. Jem is a goldendoodle puppy, born on December 13th. His sister, Scout, was adopted by my sister's family and lives down the street. Jem is a real sweet little guy, unfailingly social and submissive. He is responding very well to housebreaking and learning the basic commands. His personality is what melted me when I first held him. He was mellow, attentive, and really cuddly. He likes me the best (don't tell Luke) and misses me when I leave him with Emily. We are all pretty smitten.

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Several months ago my sister's family got a goldendoodle puppy. He became HUGE and is full of boundless energy, so work on training him now. Congratulations on the addition to your family, and good luck!