The boys wait by the window to watch for Dad to come home-- it's a daily celebration.I have started this blog post four times now. It keeps coming out sounding like a whine about 2010. I'll just say this: 2010 was a hard one both for our own little family and for our families of origin. It's a tough economy. Sometimes those we love make bad choices. Transitions with three young children are filled with challenges.
2010 was also full of blessings. I grew closer to my Savior as I saw His hand guiding us. I was filled with His peace all through the uncertainty and our prayers were heard and answered in His time and in His wisdom. I can see now why things played out the way that they did.
I was also able to see people's willingness to help us in our time of need. Our friends in Maryland really came through when we needed people to help us move, watch our kids while we packed, and store our belongings. Our families helped us immensely. From packing us up to letting us stay in their basement. They were all willing to take care of and love my kids. There is sweetness in the struggles of life. I will never, ever doubt my support system.
As 2011 begins I feel blessed that Nat has a job he loves, that our boys are healthy, happy and growing. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude when I contemplate closing on a great house in my sister's neighborhood at the end of this month. I feel hopeful that we can return to the happy routines and rhythms that have gotten lost in the chaos of a six month transition into this new life. My kids will grow up with their cousins. It's better (and different) than I ever thought possible.
Welcome, welcome 2011-- we've been waiting for you!
2010 was also full of blessings. I grew closer to my Savior as I saw His hand guiding us. I was filled with His peace all through the uncertainty and our prayers were heard and answered in His time and in His wisdom. I can see now why things played out the way that they did.
I was also able to see people's willingness to help us in our time of need. Our friends in Maryland really came through when we needed people to help us move, watch our kids while we packed, and store our belongings. Our families helped us immensely. From packing us up to letting us stay in their basement. They were all willing to take care of and love my kids. There is sweetness in the struggles of life. I will never, ever doubt my support system.
As 2011 begins I feel blessed that Nat has a job he loves, that our boys are healthy, happy and growing. I feel overwhelmed with gratitude when I contemplate closing on a great house in my sister's neighborhood at the end of this month. I feel hopeful that we can return to the happy routines and rhythms that have gotten lost in the chaos of a six month transition into this new life. My kids will grow up with their cousins. It's better (and different) than I ever thought possible.
Welcome, welcome 2011-- we've been waiting for you!
5 comments:
Miss you guys! Can't wait to see you (and your new house) sometime this summer!
Oh Carrie, it's all incredible! I am so happy for you and your sweet family. You endured 2010 in the best ways possible - you are always an inspiration to me. Hugs to you!
Glad to hear that things are settling down. Best wishes for a peaceful New Year!
Nice post.
how wonderful to be able to be near your family:-) congrats!
Post a Comment