Sunday, April 3, 2011

So I won't forget

For Family Home Evening last Monday we gave each of the boys their own copy of the Book of Mormon so that they can follow on and, in Luke's case, read verses. Noah and Isaac repeat the words that we read. Noah thought that his own Book of Mormon was about the best thing that had ever happened in his life. He sleeps with it under his pillow, shows everyone that comes over and spends a lot of time looking at the pictures in the front. It was much more of a reaction than we anticipated.

Every night I look through the pictures and talk to him about what is happening in each picture and who all the people are. He is really interested in why "Ramoni" needed to bury a sword with the golden plates. He also wonders who did the writing on that Liahona. Last night when we got to the picture of Samuel the Lamanite I asked him what Samuel was doing up on that wall. He paused and thought for a minute and then replied with, "Dodging." So true.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love it. That's precious.

Whitney said...

That is so great.

Ammieloris said...

These two posts about scripture study are hilarious. Awesome how your boys are really GETTING it!

Jen said...

Tonight we made more of an effort than we have in awhile to do FHE. It didn't seem like Marian heard a word of it, though I kept it as absolutely simple as I possibly could have. It's nice to know that it will start to sink in someday. These are great stories.