And just like that, our summer has ended and Luke has returned to school, this time as a big second grader. He marched off this morning with nary a backward glance. I was unable to walk him into his class due to another commitment and he wasn't even concerned. In fact, he didn't even want Emily to walk him in. She told me he was too busy socializing to even notice. The initial report was that school was good. That was all I could get out of him before he ran off to play with friends. I won't get any specifics though until bedtime, which is when he opens up. We look forward to good things this year. I sure do love this boy.
For anyone sentimental, here is a journey through Luke's first days of school. By the time he finished first grade he had attended five different schools in three different states (counting preschool). He's surprised me each time with his
resilience and poise at each new transition. He's made friends and always managed to come away with a few female admirers. I am glad, however, that we can look forward to staying put for a while and he'll be here for the duration.

Mt. Olive Christian Preschool, Madison, WI

Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool,
Gaithersburg, MD

Kindergarten at Fields Road Elementary School,
Gaithersburg, MD

Deerfield Elementary Cedar Hills, UT
(Luke had two first days in first grade as he moved mid-year.)

Our big second grade star!
2 comments:
Look how tall he is! Haven starts first grade tomorrow (all day for the first time!) and has her first loose tooth and it's almost too much for me. Seeing Luke all grown up is the thing that's going to push me over the edge!
I LOVE that kindergarten shot (or whichever is the one with Nat in the back). It will go well on the back of the first book Luke publishes!
This is blowing my mind.
Post a Comment