Sunday, November 6, 2011

Blessing Day

 Our little Hyrum was blessed the Sunday before Halloween.  His uncles, dad and grandfathers gathered around him to give him a name and a blessing.  It was a celebration, to be sure.  Moments like these always make me wish that I were more articulate and somehow able to capture in words the sweetness of these occasions.  It's a beautiful thing to watch your baby boy blessed by his righteous father and male relatives.  I hope that he (and his brothers) will follow the examples of these good, good men who exemplify the priesthood they hold. 


(We had good intentions of inviting more family and friends but October happened to be the busiest month of our lives and we went and had a baby.  It was all I could do to stay afloat with my husband working nearly all the time.)


The men (minus Caleb-- for some reason he didn't make it into the pictures and I didn't notice until I was looking at them on the computer)


The whole family:


The Fredins:




The Donaldsons:

No comments: