Sunday, February 19, 2012

Four months, a little late

Friday afternoons kill me.  I have already picked up (and instructed the boys to pick up) the same toys, shoes, and coats, art supplies and washed the same dishes so many times that I want to die.  I should really be doing it all over again right now but decided to escape by doing a little blogging about this little one.

First of all, four months!  Did you read that with the proper amount of disbelief?  Because it seems like I just barely gave birth to him and here is he four months old and proud of it.  He remains just as sweet as sugar and oh so pleasant.  He's all smiles and happiness.  He waits and watches for someone to look at him so he can show off his toothless grins.  

He's by far the smallest of all the boys.  At his four month check up he was only 13 lbs. 15 oz. and 25 inches.  (While I am thinking about it, I never recorded his two month stats anywhere : 11 lbs 10 oz.  and 24 inches.)  Luke was over 20 pounds at four months and I think the other boys were over 16.  I feel a little sad that he's not as chubby as his brothers but I also like that he is staying bitty just a little longer.  The doctor isn't worried and I am doing my best not to be either.  I've just never had one this little before.

At four months he:
  • is rolling and scooting all over.  I forget how well he gets around and frequently find him in possession of one of his brothers socks or a book left on the ground. 
  • loves to shout and yell with the boys. 
  • enjoys family dinner in his high chair and is just starting to show interest in eating himself, following the fork from my plate to my mouth with his eyes. 
  • frustrates himself by pulling his binkie out repeatedly. 
  • is really interested in the dog.  It's a fun interaction to me as I have never had a baby and a dog at the same time.  Jem is very good with the baby-- gentle and protective.  
  • loves his Raggedy Andy doll that Grandma Meg gave him for Christmas.  His hair is particularly fun to pull and chew on. 
  • has the softest little fuzz of hair coming in, fine, blond and very kissable. 
  • tries his best to engage in conversations with his coos and shouts.
  • wakes up a little more frequently at night-- which always seems to happen to my boys at this age.  I'll get around to sleep training him at some point.  I am hesitant to stop feeding such a little guy at night.  
  • does his best to fit his hands and feet in his mouth. 
  • enthusiastically greets his dad every day when he gets home from work with big smiles and kicking legs.  
I enjoy this little guy so, so much. 

No comments: