Valentine's Day with kids is fun and a huge amount of work. Last year we had just barely moved into our house and I was newly pregnant and starting to puke. It was the first and only time in Luke's scholastic career that he took store bought Valentines to school. It was a sad day for me as a mother. We more than made up for it this year and Emily and I churned out about 150 homemade Valentines this year with six kids participating in Valentine celebrations at their respective schools. The kids popped in and helped with their cards, cutting things and signing their names then went back to watching He-Man. Eliza was a trooper and helped with all of them. It was fun to get the stamps and punches out. I am kicking myself for not taking pictures of the final products. We're swearing up and down that we will start earlier next year. We'll just have to see about that.
One thing that I have always loved about these guys is the way they divide the spoils when they get home from school parties. I have never told them they have to share, it just came about naturally as Luke began going to school. He would just always divide up whatever goodies he got between himself and Noah. Now they all do it with each other. Makes my heart squeeze to watch this sweetness.



No comments:
Post a Comment