Friday, August 24, 2012

Nauvoo Statue Garden

Nat's grandmother turned ninety this summer and we decided to make the drive to be there to celebrate with the family.  We stopped in Nauvoo for a couple of days on the way there and I was so pleased that we did.  I started crying tears of joy about an hour outside of Nauvoo, I was so happy to be bringing my babies to a place that means so much to me.  

We started our visit at the visitor's center.  Luke spent a good twenty minutes talking with a sister missionary (while Nat and I chased the other three around) and had, by his description, a wonderfully spiritual experience.  She challenged him to look for the Savior in all the homes, shops and stories of historic Nauvoo.  He took the challenge to heart and had a wonderful time.  He's so sensitive to the spirit.  After his chat with this dear missionary we sat on a bench in the statue garden and I told him why Nauvoo is so special to me.  We really couldn't have had a better start to our time in Nauvoo.



No comments: