Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Innkeeper

I love, love, love Luke's preschool. He was the innkeeper in yesterday's nativity. Preschool is a magical place isn't it? There is something so endearing about classrooms set up for people less than three feet tall. I love the little tables, chairs, coat hooks, and easels. I also love the yarns he weaves about what happens at school. I can usually get the story about what happened that day at bedtime when he is calm enough to tell a story from start to finish and when Noah isn't trying to tackle him (Noah has been on one lately but that's another story for another post).

I asked him the other night who was going to be Mary in the nativity and he screwed his face up, deep in concentration, and then told me, "Mom, all those black girls confuse me". He then listed off all the "black girls" in his class and I realized that he was talking about hair color, not race. Is there anything better than a four year old's world view?

This is what happened when he spotted me taking pictures.

4 comments:

wsb said...

love love love love this picture...

Ashley and Caleb said...

So, how did he do as the innkeeper? Apologetic? Brusque? I need details woman!
Love,
your theater major sister

Just one tall girl named Laurel said...

Hilarious!

meg said...

I wish I could have stayed for that program!