Interesting talk. I can recognize that my personality tends more toward over-protecting and worrying, so I know I'll need to make a conscious effort to step back sometimes and let Ben have some space to explore and, in the process, fall down, bump his head, etc. But I'm not ready to give my 6-month-old a pocketknife just yet... ;)
4 comments:
Now I want to see a picture of Isaac "driving" your car. That was really fascinating - I might try some of those things.
Interesting talk. I can recognize that my personality tends more toward over-protecting and worrying, so I know I'll need to make a conscious effort to step back sometimes and let Ben have some space to explore and, in the process, fall down, bump his head, etc. But I'm not ready to give my 6-month-old a pocketknife just yet... ;)
I like the emphasis on parental responsibility through teaching rather than over-protection. I'm going to go driving with Mary now:)
I knew playing with fire was wholesome!
Post a Comment