Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Grandma

My grandmother passed away last night in her sleep. It was a short illness following a long and very healthy life. I thought that I was prepared for her passing but the emptiness that filled me this morning caught me off guard. So, so many of my childhood memories are of her house and the trips out west to see family. She was such a proud mother and grandmother. She will be missed.

I am grateful, so grateful to know where she is now. I only wish I could have witnessed the scene as she was reunited with her husband and youngest daughter. Rest in peace, Grandma Lisa.

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I'm sorry to hear about your feelings of emptiness. Where "out west" did she live? Would you care to share any of those memories with us?

Emily said...

I'm sorry that you lost your grandma, Carrie. My grandma died a year and a half ago, and a can remember that feeling of losing a piece of my history--a wonderful piece of my childhood happiness. I, like Bethany, would love to hear any of those memories too. Thinking of you.

stacyross said...

I'm sorry Carrie - I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Patience said...

My prayers are with you, Carrie.

alexandra said...

That is really hard, Carrie. I am so sorry for your loss. How great that you had her for so long and that she even knew your children.