Happy half-birthday, Isaac!

This little man is now officially six months old (I guess it's now after midnight, so this post is technically a day late ... and also: we're gonna shake your tambourine). Whenever I stop and reflect at some sort of milestone for one of our children, I always have the same impression: that on the one hand, it seems like it was just yesterday that he was born; and on the other hand, it seems like he has always been with us. This is such a fun age, as he is becoming more interactive, allowing his personality to come out more.
Here's the rundown on six-month-old Isaac, in no particular order and surely omitting some important details and including some trivial ones.
1. Like his brothers did at that age, he has a winning smile that is almost always on display.
2. He likes to eat solid food, but at the first bite of the feeding he usually makes a face like he thinks you're trying to poison him.
3. He loves his brothers; if Carrie and I are both busy and Isaac starts to fuss, sending Luke in to entertain him always does the trick. And he takes Noah's not-quite-old-enough-to-know-that-a-baby-doesn't-want-a-couch-cushion-placed-on-top-of-his-head brand of physical attention in stride.
4. As of a month or so ago, he isn't so archy-backed, so holding him is more fun since he kind of snuggles into you now.
5. He loves his momma; if she doesn't take him from me right away when she gets home from the gym in the morning, he gets really offended.
6. He definitely has more and darker hair than either Luke or Noah did, but we shaved it a few months ago, so he still looks like a baldy.
7. "What about his eyes?" you may ask. Good question; why don't you come over and let us know what you think.
8. He likes to push himself up onto his knees. I told Carrie that he is UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES to crawl while she's in Utah with him. I don't think he's that close to crawling yet, but she always seems to be away with them when they're about to do something new.
Isaac is a sweet baby, and it is a joy to be his dad and to be sharing these experiences again with Carrie.
1. Like his brothers did at that age, he has a winning smile that is almost always on display.
2. He likes to eat solid food, but at the first bite of the feeding he usually makes a face like he thinks you're trying to poison him.
3. He loves his brothers; if Carrie and I are both busy and Isaac starts to fuss, sending Luke in to entertain him always does the trick. And he takes Noah's not-quite-old-enough-to-know-that-a-baby-doesn't-want-a-couch-cushion-placed-on-top-of-his-head brand of physical attention in stride.
4. As of a month or so ago, he isn't so archy-backed, so holding him is more fun since he kind of snuggles into you now.
5. He loves his momma; if she doesn't take him from me right away when she gets home from the gym in the morning, he gets really offended.
6. He definitely has more and darker hair than either Luke or Noah did, but we shaved it a few months ago, so he still looks like a baldy.
7. "What about his eyes?" you may ask. Good question; why don't you come over and let us know what you think.
8. He likes to push himself up onto his knees. I told Carrie that he is UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES to crawl while she's in Utah with him. I don't think he's that close to crawling yet, but she always seems to be away with them when they're about to do something new.
Isaac is a sweet baby, and it is a joy to be his dad and to be sharing these experiences again with Carrie.
Some in the family might say he has "BILI" (I'm not sure how to write that--it sounds like the name Billy and stands for big-eye-little-eye) in this picture; I prefer to think he was trying to wink at me.
1 comment:
He is the smiliest baby I have seen. And I want to eat him so much.
Post a Comment