Sunday, August 9, 2009

For Jacob, the neighbor

We love our neighborhood. It's almost too good to be true; chili cook-offs, outdoor movie nights, rented inflatable moon bounces, and Christmas caroling complete with an appearance from Santa (to name a few). But, the best part of the 'hood is that just about anytime you need company or an easy conversation you can walk outside and find someone to chat with. The neighbor just two doors down is also a stay-at-home mom who just had her second baby. Noah and Luke think of them like family. Noah, in fact, when questioned in Nursery today about who he lived with stated, "Mom and Jacob." We celebrated Jacob's second birthday on Saturday and so Luke whipped up a little coloring book as a gift. I have to take a moment to gush about how much I love this boy's handwriting, imagination and drawing. He thought that Jacob would like to color a few of his favorite things.

Have a peek:


(this is the baby brother who was just born and is, in Luke's words, "tiny")



Darling isn't it? I made him this little crayon roll to go along with it. I used fleece instead of felt on the outside. I liked the result but wish that I had a pinking blade for my rotary cutter to make the lines a little straighter.

This is what I made for his mother and father:

Doesn't everyone need a completely from scratch peach pie to get through the early days?

And this is what I made for his "tiny" brother:

6 comments:

wsb said...

ahhh! why are you all so far away.

hwangberg said...

you blow me away with everything you do. I should probably stop hanging out with you if I want to start feeling better about what little I accomplish.

Ashley and Caleb said...

I love that crayon roll. So cute, and I actually like that its a tiny (and I mean TINY. I wouldn't have noticed it unless you had pointed it out to me) bit uneven. It makes it feel homey and comfy.

Ashley and Caleb said...

p.s. I wish I had you as a neighbor. I would clean your house for a peach pie, woman.

Emily said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for sharing and tell Luke he did an awesome job!

Ammieloris said...

I love this! Good job involving your boys in art and giving.