Sunday, August 23, 2009

Freezer paper stenciling

Do you recognize this dragon? He is making his way into all sorts of craft projects lately. The dragon shirt was a long time coming. Mostly due to the fact that I had a hard time finding freezer paper. Luke was glad to finally see his dream come to fruition. He did all the painting himself (I had to cut the stencil and iron it on).



Isaac's dragon has a case of brain edema. This came from a slight run of the fabric paint that I had to round out into a swollen head. I wouldn't recommend reusing the stencil, just cut a new one.

6 comments:

stacyross said...

Love these shirts - how cool that I got to see them on the day of their first use. :) Someday you'll have to teach me this freezer paper trick. It looks fun.

Also, was one of those pictures taken at the fair? I was sad we missed it, but I think the heat would have just killed me. I'm a wimp.

Ashley and Caleb said...

Those shirts are so fun! Jakob would be jealous. I think your color choices were great.

Emily said...

We bought stuff last week to do freezer paper stencils too. Abbie's going to do an apron. I hope they turn out as cute as yours!

meg said...

Can I pat I-guy on the tum tum.

Tish Solomon said...

so crafty! love those pouches:-)

Ammieloris said...

Now that i have a boy, I've finally been wanting to do some freezer paper stenciling. Yours looks fabulous! And your models are really cute.