Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Perspective

I have a tendency to think that I am the busiest person in the world; the most cleaning to do, the most kids to take care of, the most meals to make, the most trips to get ready for/ recover from, you get the picture. But I just had a wonderful realization. I'm not.

I am not pregnant and puking.

My husband is not in the throes of finishing his dissertation.

We are not in the middle of a move.

I don't have a newborn. (I do love newborns, just not the accompanying chaos, hormonal changes, and constant nursing.)

I have been in all these places (most of them more than once). Remembering that allows to relax and thank my lucky stars that I currently can carve out time to go to the gym, sew occasionally, and make my bed every few days.

Life is good.

4 comments:

Ammieloris said...

Nice sentiments.

Ashley and Caleb said...

I feel the same way. I am finally able to consistently do the dishes and keep my house vacuumed. We've hit our stride. Does that mean it's time to get pregnant again? :)

meg said...

Ü

Tish Solomon said...

amen... light at the end of the tunnel?...