Friday, October 2, 2009

High Flying

This is how we spend the first Friday in October around here. You might remember last year.

Again, as I drove down the wooded road and pulled up to the makeshift parking lot at the farm I was just struck by how lucky I am. There are days when I would love to drop the kiddos off and head to work, where my efforts would be rewarded with a paycheck, where what I did all day wouldn't be undone right away, or where I might go a few hours without someone whining at me. But, these days are what make me love it.

3 comments:

stacyross said...

Carrie, was this at Butler's Orchard? Also, what was the farm called where we picked (er, bought!) strawberries? I'm ready and rarin' to go for some pumpkin patch photos and I wanted to go back there.

Also, I can relate to what you wrote about life as a stay-at-home mom - it's exhausting, often thankless, sometimes demoralizing, but absolutely marvelous and totally worth it, isn't it? Glad you guys had a good day. :)

Story Family said...

What a beautiful picture!! I would have come just to get a shot like that. Way to go!

Whitney said...

Teethies! I love how each of your boys has a different haircut.

So much fun. I love the barn full of hay idea.

Good to chat tonight....I miss our daily convos.

xoxo