Thursday, January 14, 2010

Found!

I just got word that the American Embassy in Haiti contacted Chelsey's family with the news that she is fine.  From what I understand she is in a house near the embassy and will be flying home as soon as possible.  She, as I would have predicted, wants to stay to help with the relief efforts but the embassy is sending her home. 

I am so grateful for this news but deeply saddened that this happy outcome is not true for all the victims of this terrible, unthinkable tragedy.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

This is good news, Care. I have been thinking/praying for Chelsey since you posted yesterday.

Ashley and Caleb said...

I am so so grateful that she's OK, but like you said, still saddened by others whose stories don't have an ending like this. I love that she wants to stay, but I think her family will be glad to see her and hug her and tell her they love her.

Bethany said...

What a relief. I don't know your friend, but I prayed for her for the last few days.