Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowpocalypse Day One

The view of the forest behind our house was breathtaking and captivated Noah for a good long time. There were also some deer spotted, moving in and out of snowy thickets.


The snow began on Friday afternoon and continued through the day yesterday. It stopped yesterday evening leaving us with somewhere around thirty inches of snow. I was somewhat cautious about taking the camera out because I don't have a filter on the lens (shameful, I know). But you can be sure that there was plenty of reading, snuggling, and eating happening around here in between playing outside in the larger-than-life snow piles.

Church is canceled today and the snow has stopped falling so there should be more pictures to come...





3 comments:

Bethany said...

Reading about the storm on BBC made me wonder how much it was hitting you.

meg said...

WOW! I already looked at this one though. I was thinking there might be more pictures since when I talked to Nat yesterday (Sunday) he said you were out taking more pictures.

alexandra said...

Such cute little boys! All this snow has actually been a lot of fun for us, too, even if someone did steal our sled from the backyard at some point!

Hey, what happens if you don't have a filter on your lens? I just got a nice camera and now I am feeling nervous!