Sometimes Nat and I don't act like grown-ups. Sometimes we stay up late watching the TV shows that Barb gave us on DVD (currently we are way into
Friday Night Lights-- it kind of makes me want to move to Texas, even). While I know that I will be tired in the morning and maybe even cranky, it's good to remember that life isn't that serious. There is more to it than poopy diapers, a job search (nothing new to report here), bills, discipline and keeping the house clean. Sometimes it's fun too. Thank heavens.
4 comments:
Scott and I are trying to institute a movie/TV night once a week after the boys go to bed. Sometimes that time spent vegging out and reconnecting with each other is more rejuvenating than an extra hour or two of sleep would have been!
And yes, thank heaven there's more to life than poopy diapers... even when there's lots and lots of poopy diapers. ;)
I could NOT stay awake to watch anything. I go to sleep and then wake up maybe 1 something, 2 something, 3 something, 4 something, what the heck might as well get up. So my best sleep is early at night.
When I was at Leah's bridal shower, they played a game where you wrote a one sentence definition first of marriage, then love, then intimacy, etc. I got out right at first because I said: "Marriage is...watching a lot of TV together." Everyone knew it was me.
Is it bad that my marriage is based on watching TV with my spouse?
Post a Comment