I think about this little line from one of Luke's old Kindermusik songs all the time. So much of my life is made up of these little changing rhythms and routines. It used to feel like these routines would never change but I've been at this long enough to realize that the structure of my day is always evolving as these kiddos grow and change.
One little routine that I love right now is picking Luke up from school. I love to walk Isaac and Noah up to the school while Noah chatters at me about how happy he'll be to see Luke. We watch all the family members emerge from their homes and make their way to claim their little people. We all line up outside the school and chit chat about the weather, homework, and kids, feeling like comrades instead of strangers. Then the flow of kids out of the school starts and I spot my kindergartner, his coat and hat in place and, if I am lucky, the backpack on his back instead of dragging behind him. He shoots me a sly smile and we begin reconnecting, he tells me about what he did in specials and who he played with at recess. Isaac's legs excitedly kick the stroller when he spots Luke and chirpy little Noah always chimes in with, "How was your day, Luke?"
A happy little rhythm...
2 comments:
You forgot the part where Luke has to say goodbye to all his classmates. I love that part.
Hey, how did Ashley comment on this yesterday when she was at my house? I love the image of Isaac kicking the stroller. Where are pictures? Is your computer still not uploading them?
Post a Comment