Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Because I want to remember...

Luke has been home from school with a fever for the past few days, sick for the very first time in his kindergarten career. He has been laying around on the couch, the floor or wherever he finds himself. Noah is thrilled to have Luke at home and it is a little comical to watch Noah run circles around my lethargic Lukey.

We all curled up together on the futon in the basement and finished reading Where the Red Fern Grows. As I watched the sad tears slip down Luke's cheeks as we read I was reminded of why I love being a mom so much. This little person was learning life's lessons as he watched Billy let go of the hurt and accept God's will. I felt so grateful to be here at this moment in my home on this hot and humid Maryland day. There was a depth to the sweetness I felt as I handed Luke the tissues and talked about the way he was feeling. What a blessing and a privilege it is to be a mother. Here's to summer days and lots more chapter books.

No comments: